Testing, Start-up and Commissioning
Richard Automation can provide formal training on the systems we engineer and install. Our philosophy for the training process is based on utilizing the graphics and alarm management software as configured for the specific project. Furthermore, our training programs have been formulated for large control system integration projects and include testing of operations personnel. This approach assures all participants a full understanding of the systems and standards.
Operator, Maintenance and Engineer training is typically done on the actual configured equipment prior to the Factory Acceptance Test, allowing the training to be specific to your project and providing site personnel time to become familiar with the system prior to loop check and cutover. Formal training classes are also available at our facilities or a customer designated facility.
Upon completion of integration, all components including configuration, graphics, alarm management, programming, historian packaging, and advanced automation applications are tested to verify system compliance with the project scope. A detailed Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) is performed on all systems prior to shipment. RAI encourages client participation as these have proven to be beneficial by reducing project costs associated with field installation and hot cutover.
Planning is instrumental for any start-up and commissioning, especially hot cutovers. Our process for Commissioning and Startup will:
- Validate Project Mechanical Completeness
- Verify Design Consistent with Installation
- Define Commissioning Scope Efficiently
- Focus on Highest Safety & Environmental Compliance, Mechanical Integrity and Operational Reliability
- Focus on Mechanical Integrity
- Focus on Operational Reliability
- Provide a Documented Strategy
- Achieve Exponential Improvements in Execution
- Provide a Work Plan
- Contribute to a Successful and Smooth Startup